Unread post by mimi »

Seems we've lost the intent here.

deadskinmask

Re: amazing....

Unread post by deadskinmask »

mimi wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 19:56
deadskinmask wrote: 28 Apr 2024, 18:54

amazing? they don't look anything alike.... :sneaky:
That's the amazing part. He drew 3 DIFFERENT images with all three pencils attached.
yeah.... thats called "american humor".... i was afraid it wouldn't translate and i see i was right.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

That Bruce Lee scene was great

soon

Unread post by soon »

bruce lee's daughter didn't think so.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

ain't no doubt quentin tarantino had an axe to grind.
I’ve come across enough of them over the years (and not just in Hollywood) who want to mansplain Bruce Lee to me and use Bruce Lee when and how it suits them without acknowledging his humanity, his legacy, or his family in the process that a bit of a pattern has emerged, I’m … not saying that no one is allowed to have a negative opinion of Bruce Lee. I’m saying your opinion might be colored by personal or cultural bias, and that there’s a pattern.

- shannon lee

Mad Serb

It's a fkin movie, relax and enjoy.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i don't blame his daughter for getting so mad. bruce lee was a culturally significant figure whereas quentin tarantino is b movie director.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Tarantino is an A lister who poses as a b movie director.

Winning.
Mad Serb

soon wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 11:11 bruce lee was a culturally significant figure
So is Jesus. Nobody should be above criticism and ridicule.

soon

Unread post by soon »

it was hardly criticism if quentin put it in his movie to boost ticket sales.

Mad Serb

The whole movie (like just about any other movie) is about making money, that's a business. It does not make it wrong.

In this particular movie, we know it's a fiction. This is not a thesis presented in some peer reviewed journal. Enjoy and get over it.

soon

Unread post by soon »

it made no sense considering quentin is in love with the time period and bruce lee was a key figure at the time.

Mad Serb

Wo what? What's the problem? You don't like it, you don't think it makes sense, but where the problem is?

soon

Unread post by soon »

i'm just saying it would have made more sense as a homage.

Mad Serb

OK, but that's not who QT is.

soon

Unread post by soon »

imho qt should bee kissing bruce lee's ass seeing as martial arts movies were a huge portion of the b movie scene.

deadskinmask

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Encroyable. Have you been to the serial killer's lair under Diamond City? I haven't found the entrance yet.

Winning.
deadskinmask

if you're talking about pickmans gallery, its on my to-do list.... i just rescued the diamond city detective.... i decided to go run around in the swamps for a while.... i'm looking for a mutant fern so some hippie can grow it and smoke it.... in my spare time, i'm making the red rocket gas station into a settlement.... :D

soon

Unread post by soon »

i've been too busy watching the sony 'helldivers 2' debacle on steam.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

I just rescued the diamond city detective as well. I am trying to save up caps for special items. I have about six thousand right now. I spend a bit on stim packs. I have about 100 now. I am just exploring for a while. There is supposed to be a really good sword in Pickman's gallery. I want it. Other than general chao's revenge sword, I usually use a combat shotgun, and I have a hunting rifle for longer shots. I haven't started any settlements. I use the underground cellar or bunker in sanctuary a couple houses over from his old home to sleep and store stuff.

Winning.
soon

Unread post by soon »

it looks like the helldivers 2 steam community won the battle. sony backed down about the requirement to sign into psn from steam. that being said almost 250000 steam players left negative reviews so sony had to take the hint.
MAJOR ORDER COMPLETE

WE DIVE TOGETHER OR NOT AT ALL

- random steam review

soon

Unread post by soon »

daebok, i just got served my first kpop (blackpink!) advertisement while browsing r/pcgaming.

deadskinmask

Lochdubh wrote: 05 May 2024, 10:12 i wish i could find a video game set in post-apocalyptic boston....
well.... hang on to your hat, cowboy.... i've got great news.... Fallout 4 just so happens to be set in post-apocalyptic boston.... :D

deadskinmask

Edward wrote: 05 May 2024, 16:49 I haven't started any settlements. I use the underground cellar or bunker in sanctuary a couple houses over from his old home to sleep and store stuff.
i don't have any "settlements" started yet.... but i'm refurbishing Sanctuary to be pre-war retro and i'm gonna turn the Red Rocket back into a gas station.... i have costumes for my settlers when i'm done.... suits, ties and fedoras for the guys and dresses and outfits for the ladies.... i even have a checkered coat and a pompadour wig to make an Elvis impersonator.... :D

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Holy smokes. I don't have that much patience. I wish I could see it when it's done.

Winning.
deadskinmask

Edward wrote: 07 May 2024, 19:13 Holy smokes. I don't have that much patience. I wish I could see it when it's done.
the whole reason i play games is to "kill time in an entertaining way".... building a town from the ground up is pretty fun.... i found a farm that has an all ghoul population called The Slog.... i'm gonna try to fix them up when i'm done with Sanctuary and the gas station.... i might reopen the drive-in theatre too.... if i do anything "super amazing", i'll make a video and post it.... :D

soon

Unread post by soon »

i agree that games are a distraction, a way to occupy the mind for awhile. which is why i sometimes enjoy a good programming game that challenges the brain. the grind in programming games is a totally different experience. having programming experience is super helpful in terms of logic but solving (very) abstract puzzles is probably the key skill.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i enjoyed shenzhen IO for around 34 hours. the reality is i didn't get very far because i finally realized i was banging my head trying to optimize my solutions when in terms of gameplay i hadn't made it to the part of the game where those types of solutions were available yet. i wish the developers had warned me that the players on the leaderboards had those solutions because they unlocked those components later on:(

p.s. i was nowhere near the level of this video.