How Come Race Relations between Blacks & the Rest of the population is so much better in Canada than the USA?

Register accountRead the forum rules
soon

Re: How Come Race Relations between Blacks & the Rest of the population is so much better in Canada than the USA?

Unread post by soon »

i prefer the idea of a four day work week.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
deadskinmask

Re: How Come Race Relations between Blacks & the Rest of the population is so much better in Canada than the USA?

Unread post by deadskinmask »

i'm not worried about slavery.... thats just depressing.... but i'm definitely vibing with some sea otters right about now.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

I'm afraid not.
Having a 'bad job', or even two (2) of them, is not the same as being owned like a piece of property.
It is not slavery; it's just a bad job.
There are no slave auctions or slave markets left anywhere, that I know of.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

Canada never had too much slavery due to her cold climate discouraging plantation agriculture. The only black slaves in Canada, before the British Empire abolished slavery in the 1830's, were household slaves. Canada never had too much of a black population, so there was little friction.

Skipper

Unread post by Skipper »

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 16:06 Canada never had too much slavery due to her cold climate discouraging plantation agriculture. The only black slaves in Canada, before the British Empire abolished slavery in the 1830's, were household slaves. Canada never had too much of a black population, so there was little friction.
They didn't want you people here in the komagata Maru incident

cc

Unread post by cc »

This thread is based on an entirely false premise

SCOUSE

Unread post by SCOUSE »

The soy must be a lot more potent in Canada than it is in 'Murica.

Hugo Boss wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 17:36 The Blurt cries out in pain as he strikes you!
Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

Skipper wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 16:35
Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 16:06 They didn't want you people here in the Komagata Maru incident
All true, but that's a separate matter. I never said the old Canada was not racist. Just that it was seldom violent and really ugly as American racism was.

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

cc wrote: 19 Jun 2020, 20:56 This thread is based on an entirely false premise
Worse or better in Canada?

cc

Unread post by cc »

Fair question - My Reply is No better here than the US

Canadians like to think of themselves as so not bigoted ... "We are sooo good", "We are sooo much more pure that Yanks" .. self-righteous hypocrites ... from my lifetime observation while living in many places in Canada, we are no better

How do you like this one? This is UGLY!! & "Today" current

B.C. health workers allegedly bet on Indigenous patients’ blood alcohol levels

By "health workers", it's Doctors and Nurses .. "professionals" :rolleyes:

The province is investigating reports of health-care staff playing a racist game betting on the blood alcohol level of mainly Indigenous patients they were treating, according to Health Minister Adrian Dix.

“The allegation is that a game was being played to investigate the blood alcohol level of patients in the emergency rooms, in particular with Indigenous people and perhaps others. And if true, it is intolerable and racist and of course (has) affected profoundly patient care,” Dix told reporters at a news conference in Vancouver on Friday morning.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7085230/bc-h ... paign=2020

Former Representative for Children and Youth Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond to lead the investigation that will start Monday, he said.

[So far "allegations" ... but with Health Minister speaking publicly on it & selecting a person to get on it, it's likely for real]

And here it's not just natives - It's blacks as well, we just don't have as many on a population basis nor as many ghettos

evs

Unread post by evs »

The important thing is nobody got hurt.

~ plaid ~
cc

Unread post by cc »

A twitch there sonny? ^^^

Irina wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 17:26 The important thing is nobody got hurt.
That kinda misses / avoids the point ... OP is "Race Relations"

evs

Unread post by evs »

Bwahaha!! Good one. Jojo is mostly blind to his own bigotry, bless his cotton socks.

~ plaid ~